FRANKLIN, NJ - The 94th annual Sussex County Firemen's Association Inspection Day & Parade will be hosted by Franklin Fire Department on Saturday, Oct. 5, with step-off promptly at 1 p.m.
The parade will line up on Evans Street and proceed down Rutherford Avenue and onto Main Street through town, ending at the Franklin Firemen's Park.
Hose Laying Competition will begin 30 minutes after the end of the parade. Trophies will be awarded afterwards for Marching, Apparatus and Hose Laying competitions. Both in-county and out-of-county guest departments and EMS squads are eligible for trophies. The parade will also include invited dignitaries and guests.
Among the invited Guest Companies this year are: Sussex County Fire Academy, Caldwell Fire Department, Netcong Fire Department, Unionville, N.Y. Fire Department, Port Jervis N.Y., Neversink Fire Department, Pine Island, N.Y. Fire Department, Parsippany District 5 Fire Department, Morris Township-Fairchild Fire Department; plus many marching bands and color guards, as well as antique cars belonging to members of the Wanderer's Car Club who transport invited dignitaries.
The event honors volunteer firefighters and traditionally draws residents from all over Sussex County.
2013 Parade Lineup:
1. Franklin 15. Ogdensburg
2. Hardyston Township 16. Frankford Township
3. Wantage Township 17. Andover Borough
4. Pochuck Valley 18. Sandyston Township
5. Stanhope 19. Byram Township
6. Highland Lakes 20. Hamburg
7. Vernon 21. Stillwater
8. Newton 22. Green Township
9. Sussex 23. Lafayette Township
10. Hopatcong 24. Montague Township
11. McAfee 25. Swartswood
12. Andover Township 26. Sparta
13. Hampton Township 27. Fredon Township