PLAINFIELD, NJ - TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week, it's going to be a busy one! Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield meetings and events.
- Spirit Week starts at Plainfield's high schools, with "Jersey Day" - wear your favorite team jersey.
- The Easy Reader Book Club meets at Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Ave., at 4 p.m. in Room 2.
- STEAM: What is Wind? at the Plainfield Public Library, from 4 to 5 p.m. Learn about wind using simple experiments.
- Code Combat is back at the Plainfield Public Library. Learn to Code while questing through Dungeons and Fantasy Lands. For 11-17 year olds in the CLC Lab. For more info, call 908-757-1111 x139 or email email@example.com.
- The Historic Preservation Commission meets in City Hall Library, 515 Watchung Ave, at 7:30 p.m. More on the HPC HERE. Agendas should be posted here.
- The City of Plainfield is developing a new Master Plan, and your input is welcome at the next Community Workshop, 6 to 8 p.m. at Cook Elementary School, 739 Leland Ave. Share your vision for the city's future land use, development, housing, transportation, sustainability, parks, and other important topics. There will be a brief presentation at the start of each workshop. Find out more, and take the survey: www.publicinput.com/plainfield
- Scary Stories — Like to be frightened? Stop by the Children's Room at the Plainfield Public Library for scary reads, from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
- The Shade Tree Commission meets on the second floor in conference room 203 at City Hall at 7:30 p.m.
Join Ms. Mary Lou to make Fall Crafts for the season at the Plainfield Public Library, in the Anne Louise Davis Room, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- The Union County Division of Emergency Medical Services is hiring per diem Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs). Interested applicants can attend an open application event on Thursday, October 24 at 6:00 p.m., and on Saturday, October 26, at 9:00 a.m. Learn more.
- Address Yourself and the City of Plainfield present a first-time homebuyer workshop that will be held in City Hall Library at 6:30 p.m. RSVP to Annette Brent at 908-226-2557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2nd Annual Queen City Film Festival kicks off on Friday. Learn more here.
- Plainfield Public Schools will hold a Homecoming Dance, from 6 to 11 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance, and $7 dollars at the door.
- Join the Cadets and Explorers of the Plainfield Rescue Squad for the 2nd Annual Haunted Squad, a two-day Halloween event. Tickets for the Halloween event are available at the door, and are just $5 per person, or $3 with new/non-perishable food items that will be donated to a local food pantry. Witches' brew and other refreshments will be available for purchase. From 6 to 10 p.m. on Friday, the Plainfield Rescue Squad address is 700 W. 7th Street at Spooner Ave.
- The 2nd Annual Queen City Film Festival continues. See the full schedule here, and get tickets.
- It's Homecoming, and the Cardinals Football will take on the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Raiders at Hub Stine at 1 p.m.
- The Plainfield Rescue Squad's 2nd Annual Haunted Squad will scare you 5 to 10 p.m. on Saturday.
- The Rotary of the Plainfields and Interact Club of North Plainfield High School annual Free Pancake Breakfast will be held at Holy Cross Episcopal Church, 40 Mercer Ave., in North Plainfield. Head to the Fellowship Hall, entering on Mercer Ave. Donations will be accepted for Rotary's END POLIO NOW campaign. For more info, call 908-822-1441 or email email@example.com.
- NJ Tap Ensemble performance and class at the Plainfield Public Library. Stop by for a performance followed by a 30-minute class. All ages are welcome. Tap shoes are encouraged for the class but not required. From 2:30 to 4 p.m. this event is free and open to the public.
- Union County EMS Open Application Day starts at 9 a.m.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.