The third annual Hilltopper Alumni Weekend will be held Oct. 11-13. All Summit High School alumni are invited back to Summit to attend a weekend of educational, sporting, entertaining and social events that will allow them to experience all Summit has to offer today.
Special sporting events, golf outing, student art exhibitions, school tours, alumni luncheon, bus ride to football game, class reunion celebrations and a Sunday coffee are among the great activities slated for the weekend festivities. This Hilltopper Alumni weekend promises to offer fun events for all ages and interests:
The event-filled weekend kicks off on Friday, Oct. 11 with:
- Career Day at Summit High School with guest lectures by notable alumni from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
4 p.m. Athletic Games
- Freshman Football Game at Summit - Tatlock Park - Investors Savings Bank Field
- Girls Varsity Tennis at Summit - Memorial Park
- Lawton C Johnson Summit Middle School Cross Country Meet at Summit - Memorial Park
- Lawton C Johnson Summit Middle School Field Hockey Game at LCJSMS
- Kick-off Alumni Happy Hour Party in the Hat Tavern of the Grand Summit Hotel from 6:00 p.m. to closing.
- Class of ’83 Reunion Party at the Hat Tavern – 7:00 p.m.
Super events slated for Saturday the 12th:
- Weichert Realtors sponsored golf outing at Municipal Golf Course
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- SHS Open House – guided tours of the building, student art exhibitions from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Town Deli sponsored Alumni Luncheon open to all alums, family and friends in the SHS Cafeteria from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Free Bus Ride to away SHS Football Game in Rahway – departing SHS parking lot at 12:15 p.m. sponsored by the Summit Football Alumni Association.
- SHS Alumni Reunion Parties – Saturday evening:
Class of ’63 – Canoe Brook Country Club
Class of ’73 – Marco Polo Restaurant
Class of ’78 – Knights of Columbus
Class of “88 – Summit Elks Lodge
Sunday wrap-up events include:
- Hilltopper Alumni Farwell Coffee at the DeBary House at 265 Springfield Avenue from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
“Our wish is to reconnect alumni with the Summit community and to showcase all that the school system, downtown, performing arts and athletic departments have to offer,” said Peter Laughlin, Hilltopper Alumni Weekend committee member and SHS class of ’75 grad. “Our great town of Summit has so much to offer through tradition and innovation that we want the alumni to have the opportunity to ‘come home’ and experience it all.” He added.
A special thanks to Summit Downtown Inc., Lois Schneider, Weichert Realtors, Hilltopper Savings, and Graham Curtin Law for their generous donations and continued support of Hilltopper Alumni Weekend.
This unique weekend is the perfect opportunity for SHS graduates to join in the fun and plan their reunions and get back together with friends in Summit. Please visit www.hilltopperalumni.com for more information or Kim Bredahl at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and help make the weekend one to remember!