February 14, 2014 at 3:34 PM
SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ - Rush hour in the township the day after more than a foot of snow fell was made even more complicated Friday morning by a three-alarm fire on Rahway Road.
According to Scotch Plains Police Capt. Brian Donnelly, at 8:10 a.m., fire departments from Scotch Plains, Fanwood and Plainfield all responded to an upstairs blaze in a guest house with a detached garage and an office on Rahway Road near the intersection of Cooper Road on the south side of the township.
"The fire department was hampered somewhat by the weather conditions," Donnelly said, "but the cause was not believed to be anything suspicious. It was believed to be caused by a propane heater."
There were no reported injuries and no residents were displaced by the blaze.