PARKLAND, FL- Florida reported over 6,000 new Coronavirus cases and 120 deaths on Thursday.
Governor DeSantis has expanded the groups eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Residents eligible to receive the vaccine are as follows:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff;
- Persons 65 years of age and older;
- Persons under 65 deemed extremely vulnerable;
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact;
- K-12 school employees 50 years of age and older;
- Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older; and
- Firefighters 50 years of age and older
Florida has vaccinated a total of 3,258,997 and 1,815,999 have completed the series. Broward County has vaccinated 279,600 and 161,600 have completed the series.
The percent of positive results ranged from 5.20% to 6.91% over the past 2 weeks and was 5.37% on Wednesday, March 3, 2021. The percentage calculated is for people that test positive for the first time and does not include people that had previously tested positive.
Here are the current COVID-19 numbers according to the Florida Department of Health as of Thursday, March 4, 2021:
Florida: 1,930,232 total confirmed cases, an increase of 6,118 since yesterday.
Broward County: 197,542 total confirmed cases, an increase of 771 since yesterday.
Parkland: 2,193 total confirmed cases, an increase of 16 since yesterday.
Coral Springs: 11,158 total confirmed cases, an increase of 50 since yesterday.
Deaths in Florida related to COVID-19: 31,387 an increase of 120 since yesterday.
Broward County: 8,995 (4.6%) total hospitalizations with 2,431 (1.2%) deaths due to COVID-19. Deaths increased by 9 since yesterday. The median age is 39.
Broward County Percent Positive: 6.1% per the latest data on March 3, 2021.
Broward County Hospital Bed Availability: Hospitals have 908 (16.9%) beds available and 88 (17.6%) adult ICU beds available per the latest data on March 4, 2021.
Parkland Schools Total Cases According to the Florida Department of Health's Latest Data Through February 20:
- Heron Heights Elementary: 10 cases (+2)
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas: 49 cases (+8)
- Mary Help of Christians School: 8 cases (+0)
- Park Trails Elementary: 25 cases (+3)
- Riverglades Elementary: 25 cases (+1)
- Somerset Parkland Academy: 15 cases (+0)
- Westglades Middle School: 19 cases (+5)
For more information on please visit Broward County Aggregate Dashboard.
For details on Parkland city, library and park openings, click here.
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Gina Pfingsten @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a business interested in reaching our audience? Contact Matt Pfingsten @ email@example.com