It is that time of year again. It is time for the soon-to-be Warriors to enroll in the Methacton School District. If you have a child that will be five years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2014, this spring registration is for you. Registrations are slated for March, so now is the time to collect important documents.
According to the school district’s website, there are three steps necessary to prepare for enrollment:
1. Please reserve your registration appointment and complete this brief online survey. Screening tests will be administered during the registration appointment. Please see your child's home school listed below for the applicable date and direction for appointments.
2. Please complete all necessary forms, downloadable below, and bring the completed forms and proof of age and residency to your registration appointment. All Methacton elementary schools can be reached by dialing 610-489-5000 and entering the extensions listed below.
3. Consider attending the Kindergarten Readiness program on Wednesday, Feb. 19.
A list of instructions are here, along with extensions for each school:
· Arrowhead: March 10, call 44200 to reserve a time
· Audubon: March 10 and 11, call 4220 to reserve a time
· Eagleville: March 13 and 14, visit website to schedule
· Woodland: March 10 and 11, call 43200 after Feb. 19 to schedule an appointment
· Worcester: March 4 and 5, call 40200 to reserve a time
Those seeking to enroll a student in first grade or above, call the direct district line and the extension above. A unique enrollment, separate from kindergarten registration will be required for new students in the district.
Upon your registration appointment time, you will need to have a few things along with you.
“When you register, parents/guardians are asked to bring their student's:
- original birth certificate
- proof of residence (agreement of sale, copy of lease or electric bill), and
- the child's proof of current immunization [these can be obtained from your family physician or preschool (requirements below).
If you missed this registration period, please contact your child's elementary school as soon as possible to schedule registration.],” said the district’s website.
A full list of required immunizations are below, per the Pennsylvania Department of Health requirements for Pennsylvania school students:
· 4 doses of tetanus* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
· 4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
· 3 doses of polio
· 2 doses of measles**
· 2 doses of mumps**
· 1 dose of rubella (German measles)**
· 3 doses of hepatitis B
· 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of disease
*Usually given as DTP or DTaP or DT or Td
**Usually given as MMR
After the kindergarten age, additional immunization requirements are required for seventh grade students, including one dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) (if 5 years have elapsed since last tetanus immunization) and one dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV).
For more information, parents may visit the district’s resources at: