CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Tuesday, Sept. 8, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- Since Sept. 5, 16 new cases reported Tuesday. (3,249 total cases)
- Since Sept. 5, 444 new cases reported Saturday. (73,556 total cases)
Positivity rate (a key local indicator of infection spread) on Tuesday: 3.91% -- it’s the rate of people testing positive out of those taking the test.
- Since Sept. 5, 19 new deaths reported Tuesday. (1,234 total deaths) (2% of all cases)
- Since Sept. 5, 6,225 new cases reported Tuesday. (650,092 total cases)
- Since Sept. 5, 104 new deaths reported Tuesday. (11,915 total deaths) (2% of all cases)
- Gym and restaurant: latest Coral Springs businesses issued warnings for coronavirus violations
- Broward County school sport teams could soon start working out
- Coral Springs isn’t clamping down on RVs in many neighborhoods and for good reason
- Stein Mart becomes latest national retailer with Coral Springs location to close due to coronavirus
- Worried about Covid-19, small but growing number of students getting homeschooled in Broward County
Locations for testing sites:
- Coral Springs and regional COVID-19 testing sites
- Check out this website for jobs in Coral Springs and other cities throughout South Florida
Also, worth reading:
- Coral Springs offers businesses help applying for state and federal funds
- Latest Coral Springs unemployment rate
- Coral Springs issues guidelines on sports leagues and pool
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and sign up for FREE TAPinto Coral Springs E-News alerts to be the first to read about all things Coral Springs.
Download the FREE TAPinto App. Click here for Android - Click here for iOS for breaking news, traffic/weather alerts, and special offers.
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.