There is no greater priority than the health and safety of our patients, team members and the communities we serve. COVID-19 is a novel virus that poses an unprecedented threat to our patients, especially those who are elderly, have underlying medical conditions, or have compromised immune systems. As coronavirus concerns escalate quickly, Atlantic Health System will expand its visitor restrictions effective Monday, March 16:
No hospital visitors will be allowed until further notice.
- Patients in hospice or end-of-life care
- One visitor/ support person for emergency department patients
- One visitor/support person for maternity patients
- One visitor/support person for pediatric patients
- One visitor/support person for critical care
- One visitor/support person for an individual undergoing surgery or an outpatient procedure
- One visitor/support person for infusion center patients
Visitors who meet these exceptions must be at least 18 years of age.
This policy is in effect for Morristown, Overlook, Newton, Chilton and Hackettstown medical centers and Goryeb Children’s Hospital. For all other sites of care, including physician offices, infusion centers, urgent care and any outpatient setting, there is a limit to ONE visitor per patient