HOLMDEL, NJ - Farmers Markets bring out some of the best food in the country. In New Jersey, you can get Jersey Tomatoes, Jersey Corn and so much more and, at today's Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Farmers' Market, there was something for everyone.
A sampling of the products from Jersey Girl Cheese brought compliments from one visitor. "The best ricotta cheese I have ever had." The other cheeses included mozzarella, blue cheese and more.
Good Feeling Farms, another vendor, had a long list of organic lettuce, basil, parsley and other healthy edible items sure to enhance any meal you are preparing.
Buying fresh, locally grown foods is a great start to healthy eating. Hackensack Meridian Health is teaming up with local farmers markets throughout New Jersey to help shoppers learn more about the food they’re buying and how to prepare it. If you missed Saturday's event, not to worry! Bayshore Farmers' Market is slated to continue every Saturday through the summer: Bayshore Farmers’ Market Where: Bayshore Medical Center 727 North Beers Street
Holmdel, NJ 07733, When: Saturdays in the summer, from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The Bayshore Farmers’ Market is a new community event designed to bring residents consistent, affordable healthy food options from locally sourced vendors to people in our community. Our curated, year-round market spotlights produce, meats, seafood and cheeses from right here in New Jersey, the Garden State. Click HERE for a Bayshore Farmers' Market Recipe.
VIDEO-Meet founder of SPICEGROVE, Audrey Powell:
VIDEO: Good Feeling Farms Promo:
The Bayshore Farmers’ Market is unique in that it is the only market in the area to integrate locally sourced foods with various healthcare experts, who will provide information to market-goers on specialties including:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Diabetes Management
- Emergency Medicine
- Food and Nutrition
- Health and Wellness with Tilton Fitness
- Outpatient Services
- Sleep Medicine
- Surgical Services
- Women’s Health
- Wound Care
You can shop from these NJ Farmers at the Bayshore Farmers' Market:
- Adventure Kitchen– Individual and mixed individual in-season spices
- Good Feeling Farm– A wide and diverse variety of microgreens
- Jersey Girl Cheese– Fresh and aged farmstead Italian cheeses, apples, cider, maple syrup and more
- McCormack Family Farms– Vegetables, greens and fruits
- Morefield’s Ice Cream– Dairy and vegan ice cream
- Neshanic Valley Beekeepers LLC – Premium and specialty honeys
- Spicegrove– Roselle+Ginger hibiscus beverages
- Truffalla– Organic pastries and baked goods and chocolate truffles
- The Foraged Feast– Mushrooms, greens, herbs, nuts, berries, roots and more
- The Pastoral Pig– Organic meat, poultry and prepared foods