CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Wednesday, August 5, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- 28 new cases reported Wednesday. (2,556 total cases)
- In the zip codes that include all of Coral Springs or part of it:
15 new cases in the 33063 zip code. (1,527 total cases)
5 new cases in the 33065 zip code. (1,594 total cases)
1 new cases in the 33067 zip code. (470 total cases)
6 new cases in the 33071 zip code. (938 total cases)
3 new cases in the 33073 zip code. (937 total cases)
3 new cases in the 33076 zip code. (635 total cases)
- 429 new cases reported on Wednesday. (59,354 total cases)
Positivity rate (a key local indicator of infection spread): 8.9% -- it’s the rate of people testing positive out of those taking the test.
- 18 new deaths reported on Wednesday. (783 total deaths) (1% of all cases)
- 133 new people hospitalized reported on Wednesday. (3,498 total people hospitalized) (6% of all cases)
- Florida had 5,495 new cases reported on Wednesday. (502,739 total cases)
- Florida had 225 new deaths reported on Wednesday. (7,627 total deaths) (2% of all cases)
Locations for testing sites:
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.