WEST ORANGE, NJ - West Orange Township provided an update on the progress at the Ridgeway Park on Ridgeway Avenue to the West Orange Alternative Press. Mayor Parisi proposed the development of the plan after meeting with St. Cloud residents, and proposing a bond ordinance to fund the project through Open Space monies. The bond was approved on May 22 and preparations for construction began.
Lenny Lepore, Municipal Engineer/Director Department of Public Works for the township, provided the following update on the progress at Ridgeway Park.
1. Dead and hazardous trees that impacted the proposed site improvements were removed. Trees were trimmed and pruned adjacent to the proposed improvements.
2. All underground electric utilities for the site lighting have been installed. This includes conduit, pull boxes and concrete footings for the light fixtures.
3. The stone wall along Ridgeway Avenue is being reconstructed. The concrete footing is set, all piers are complete and the stone is being placed.
4. The new concrete sidewalk entrance to the Park from Highland Boulevard/Lessing Road is complete, and the concrete sidewalk entrance from Arverne Road is under construction.
5. Work commenced to restore the gazebo.
The construction continues. No final date for completion has been set at this time.