May 10, 2014 at 10:10 AM
WESTFIELD, NJ — With proceeds from the Greta’s Run fundraiser held in September, the Westfield Area Y will offer a free program sampler for people with special needs ages 18 to 26 from the end of May through June.
The goal of the program sampler is to determine next steps for programming at the Y for young adults with special needs. Membership at the Y and Westfield residency are not required to participate.
Programs available are:
· Fitness - Saturday, May 24, 2:30 p.m. until 4 p.m. in the Weldon Room, Westfield Area Y, 220 Clark Street, Westfield.
· Art – Saturday, June 7, 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. at the duCret School of Art, 1030 Central Avenue, Plainfield.
· Cooking – Saturday, June 14, 2:30 p.m. until 4 p.m. at the Classic Thyme Cooking School, 710 South Avenue West, Westfield.
· Swim/Social – Saturday, June 21, 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. at the Rooke Pool, Westfield Area Y, 220 Clark Street, Westfield.
· Yoga – Saturday, June 28, 3 p.m. until 4 p.m. in the Weldon Room at the Westfield Area Y, 220 Clark Street, Westfield.
Registration has begun. Y Members can register online or at the Main Y Facility. Non Y-Members should email Ben Nanna at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Future programs will require a Y membership. Financial assistance is available and class cost will be subsidized by Greta’s Run proceeds. The Westfield Area Y accepts Easter Seals.