Clean eating is a diet program where you are eating real food that is not overloaded with things that can compromise your health, such as artificial flavorings, artificial colorings and sugar substitutes. A quick rule of thumb: The shorter the ingredient list, the better. The focus of the diet is to enjoy real food and focus on whole foods that are high in fiber, lean protein and healthy fats like Omega 3’s. You are also avoiding junk food and processed foods while eating whole foods and less packaged items. Here are the basic principles of eating clean:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Always choose fresh, unprocessed foods over canned or processed products. Clean eating focuses on the belief that fresh fresh fruits and vegetables are best and that processing them reduces their nutritional value potentially while adding salt, fat, sugar and chemicals.
- Eat several small meals to keep blood sugar stable and avoid overeating. Great snack choices include almonds, walnuts, low-fat or fat free dairy and fruits and vegetables. By eating smaller meals throughout the day you can help rev up your metabolism.
- Combine protein with carbohydrates. When you do snack or eat a meal, make sure that meal is balanced. By this we mean balancing protein and complex carbohydrates. This fuels your body and suppresses hunger pangs. Include whole grains instead of processed grains. Eat lean meats, and choose organic or grass fed meats when possible, since these foods are usually free of pesticides, hormones and additional additives. Rather than fry your meats, grill, broil or steam them.
- Avoid high calorie, sugary drinks. The objective is to remove added sugars from the diet. Choose water, tea or green tea throughout the day.
- Trade bad fats for good fats. A very important aspect of clean eating is removing saturated fats from the diet. Lower your saturated fat intake by avoiding fast food, choosing lean cuts of meat and getting your fat calories from foods, which contain Omega 3’s like nuts and fatty fish.
Here are some great food choices for clean eating: almonds, avocado, clack beans, broccoli, kale, olive oil, salmon, spinach and walnuts. Craving something sweet? Have a one-ounce serving of dark chocolate. It is included in the plan!
Get In Shape For Women revolves around the philosophy of each member following the four main components of weight training, cardio, nutrition and--most importantly--accountability. There are no fads, no gimmicks or tricks, just healthy results. We also have a registered dietician on staff in our clean, upscale, private studio with five experienced trainers ready to help you meet your fitness goals.
Call today (908) 228-2084 to schedule your free one-hour training session.
Get in Shape for Women is an upscale group personal training studio where you will get the personal attention you require to reach your goals. For more information, call 908-228-2084 or visit www.getinshapeforwomen.com. To follow us on Facebook or sign up for our mailing list, click here.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.