NEW JERSEY - Monday, Feb.17 is Presidents' Day. The federal holiday marks the birthdays of the United States Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Recently, the holiday has come to recognize the contributions of all past presidents not just Washington and Lincoln.
Here is what's open and closed:
- Federal offices are closed.
- New Jersey state government offices are closed.
- Local government offices are closed.
- All U.S. Post Offices are closed. There is no mail delivery on Monday.
- The New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and bond markets are closed.
- Most schools are closed.
- Federal, state and local courts are closed.
- Most banks are closed though TD Banks are open.
Presidents' Day is one of NJ Transit's observed holidays. Check individual bus and train lines before heading out on Monday to see if they are operating on a holiday schedule.
Presidents' Day is a big shopping weekend with lots of sales going on. So shoppers will still be able to hit the malls and grab something to eat at their favorite eateries on Monday.