May 8, 2019
I am John Quattrocchi and I have resided in Verona for 26 years. Aside from being the father of three amazing young women, and husband to my terrific wife, Jackie, I am a Managing Director and Global Head of Product Development & Strategy for the Secured Financing business at Barclays Bank.
As a member of the Town Council, I will drive results. This town features a caring group of people that work together each day to make Verona a great place to live and work. However, our biggest challenges right now are how to keep Verona livable and enjoyable. Thus, I am running for Town Council to deliver for our residents, including:
- Control over rampant, unclear development initiatives. We need to focus on minimizing density as we fulfill affordable housing obligations we have with the state.
- Solutions for traffic congestion and pedestrian safety by working with our police force and our traffic experts to find ways to keep our residents safe and moving along.
- Fiscal responsibility: starting with my campaign. I am firm in my belief that you don’t have to spend a lot to get a lot. However, I do expect a lot for the money we do spend!
- A bold new transparent and collective approach in terms of township management. All constituents need to be involved and have an opportunity to participate in decisions in order to make our town a continued success.
Fundamentally, I don’t believe there is a magic bullet that solves all of Verona’s challenges; we need to have a keen vision and then execute on the hard work to realize that vision and reach our goals.
In terms of my past experience in Verona, I served on the Board of Education for 15 years, as President for most of those years. I worked with very talented people and was part of the team that has been instrumental in the stellar performance of the Verona Public School system. As Verona residents are aware, in only the past few months Verona High School has been recognized by:
- U.S. News & World Report: Verona #33 of true high schools in NJ and a Top Ranked School in the Nation
- Rutgers University recognized Verona as Exemplary School District for our communication with the public efforts
- VHS ranked in the top 1.5% in the nation and #7 in NJ in the Jay Matthews Index (formerly Washington Post Most Challenging Schools)
- Verona recognized as one of only 373 school districts in the US & Canada by the College Board Annual District Honor Roll.
- College Board also ranked Verona #2 in NJ for student participation in Advanced Placement courses
- Verona ranked #40 of true high schools in student SAT performance.
All of these are our highest rankings, ever, and I am proud to have been part of that success. I hope to bring my experience and leadership to the Verona Town Council, with your support.
I hope that I’ve earned your support for the election. Please vote for me on May 14, 2018, Line 2A!