MILLBURN, NJ – The 2016 Paper Mill Playhouse Rising Star Award nominations were announced Monday morning, May 9, live on HomeTowne Television.
Columbia High School received ten Rising Star nominations, and four Honorable Mentions for their spring production of Disney’s "Beauty and the Beast."
FINAL NOMINATIONS FOR DISNEY'S "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST"
- Outstanding Overall Production of a Musical
- Outstanding Performing by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Grant King as “Lumiere”
- Outstanding Performance by a Chorus
- Outstanding Performance by a Featured Ensemble Group, "Silly Girls"
- Outstanding Hair and Make-Up Achievement: Kim Shriver, Suzanne Roghanchi, and Skye Tyson
- Outstanding Lighting Achievement: Tara Marie Abbondante
- Outstanding Achievement in Musical Direction: Jamie Bunce and Peter Bauer
- Outstanding Achievement in Choreography and Staging: Tricia Benn and Bethany Pettigrew
- Outstanding Achievement by a Teacher or Outside Director: Tricia Benn and Bethany Pettigrew
- The Educational Impact Award
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR DISNEY'S "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST"
- Hunter Kovacs as “Cogsworth”
- Matthew Lintern as “Lefou”
- Outstanding Costuming Achievement: Kathy Nye, Carol Rutledge, and Suzanne Roganchi
- Outstanding Scenic Achievement: Jon Zaccone, Vance Entertainment
In 2015, Columbia High School received fourteen Rising Star nominations for "Ragtime: School Edition." Tricia Benn and Bethany Pettigrew won for Outstanding Direction. Ethan Gill, Assistant Technical Director, won the Student Achievement Award. The Janet Sovey Scholarship for the Rising Star Awards went to Kelly Hedden, and the Paper Mill Playhouse Technical Theatre Scholarship for the Rising Star Awards went to Aileen Sartori, both of Columbia High School.
The full list of 2016 Rising Star Nominations and Honorable Mentions can be found here.
For over twenty years, the Paper Mill Playhouse has been honoring excellence in high school theatre throughout the state of New Jersey.