BRIDGEWATER, NJ - Bridgewater Township released its police blotter for the end of August and beginning of September with shoplifting, drug charges and burglaries.
- Jonathon Langel, 41, of Bridgewater, was arrested Aug. 29 at 1:31 p.m. for shoplifting from Home Depot, on Promenade Boulevard. According to the report, Langel was seen switching price tags from a lesser value item to a more expensive item, and paying for the less expensive item. He was issued a summons for shoplifting, processed and release.
- Deshaun Morris, 23, of North Plainfield, was arrested Aug. 29 at 11:57 p.m. for possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana after an officer pulled him over for several motor vehicle violations. He was issued summonses for speeding, careless driving and possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle. He was processed and released with a court date.
- Kyron Jones, 18, of Piscataway, was arrested Sept. 3 at 9:46 a.m. for possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana after an officer pulled him over for motor vehicle violations. He was issued summonses for speeding, unsafe lane change, tinted windows and having a controlled dangerous substance in a motor vehicle, as well as a complaint summons for possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana. He was processed and released with a court date.
- Police are investigating a report of two people shoplifting from the CVS Pharmacy, on Milltown Road, Sept. 3 at 4:12 p.m. According to the report, a black female and a Hispanic male shoplifted $2,128.37 worth of over-the-counter allergy medication. The two fled the store before police arrived.
- An employee of Brandywine Assisted Living, on Route 22, reported Sept. 6 at 2:06 p.m. that someone smashed the window of her 2018 Honda Accord and then took a pocket book and cell phone from inside the vehicle. The total cost of the theft was $350.
- Andrea Pineda Castillo, 54, of Somerset, and Carla Castillo, 47, of Somerset, were both arrested Sept. 6 at 7:31 p.m. for shoplifting after being seen concealing $501.49 worth of clothing items in a bag and attempting to leave Macy's in the Bridgewater Commons Mall without paying for them. They were stopped by Macy's security, charged with shoplifting and released with a summons.