Black Drop Coffee, located in downtown Scotch Plains, opened its doors this past September. It's been less than three months since opening day yet there are already regulars, instant favorites, curbside pickup (for people on the go) and a large @blackdropcoffeenj Instagram following.
Black Drop Coffee provides a top quality food & drink experience through fresh and thoughtfully crafted menu items, including vegan and gluten-free options. Specializing in high-quality coffee and espresso, they value variety, single-origin beans and unique blends. Black Drop only uses the freshest beans that are roasted locally in small quantities from their exclusive roaster Goodlife Coffee Co, and their drink offering reflects (and tastes) that. No matter your drink or food order, they have a large assortment of fresh-baked goods to accompany it.
Taste The Black Drop Difference
Black Drop Coffee has a Registered Dietitian with a Masters Degree in Nutritional Sciences on staff and she — local mom, Melody DeGaetano — happens to be the owner. Ingredients and offerings on the Black Drop menu are purposeful and intentional. No matter what steers your choices — health, medical, or just preference in taste — they have you covered. Every detail has been thought through, even the water — one of the most overlooked components of coffee preparation yet it makes up more than 98% of your coffee drink. Black Drop's state of the art water filtration system by New York WaterMaker™ produces a sweeter, brighter cup of coffee. They ensure purity and consistency from cube to cup — no matter what your drink order is.
Winter Drink Specials
Love a seasonal special? The Black Drop food and drink menu is constantly evolving. New to the winter beverage menu, the Black Drop Winter Lattes:️
- Angry Elf: a holiday blend of cherry, chipotle and mocha from the South Pole Elves.
- Dirty Santa: a holiday Dirty Chai with a mocha twist.
- Bah Humbug: a steamed combination of hot chocolate and chai tea.
- The Resolution: a savory sweet blend of cinnamon, sage honey and sea salt to cleanse 2020 away.
Black Drop also offers hot chocolate and vanilla steamers, perfect for the little ones or grownups alike. Want a coffee alternative? They carry nine flavors of tea from Steven Smith Teamaker: three black, three green and three herbal. All teas are sourced from India, China, Sri Lanka and Africa and are never pre-blended. Consistent to Black Drop, their tea offering is top quality and taste.
Black Drop Coffee From Home
Whether holiday gift shopping, brewing coffee at home or attending a Virtual At Home Barista Experience, Black Drop is able to provide you their coffee remotely.
- Order an e-gift card online. Via website or the Toast app, schedule ahead & have an e-gift card sent to the recipient on the day of your choosing.
- Brew at home. Choose from four types of specialty beans varying in tasting notes, usage, roasts, & origins. Pre-order online & pull up for curbside assistance.
- Be entertained. The Black Drop at Home Barista Experience is a unique solution for virtual engagement, team building, family 'gatherings' & entertainment. Together in a 60 minute remote session, prepare a variety of pour over coffee and discern the distinct flavor profiles of each bean origin. A mailed kit, arriving one week prior to your event, contains everything you need plus the foundation to continue at home. E-mail email@example.com to learn more.
Visit Black Drop (Online Or At The Shop)
Black Drop Coffee is located at 431 Park Avenue in Scotch Plains. Open Monday through Friday 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.; hours are subject to change so be sure to check ahead before stopping in. There is free parking both in front & back with outside seating available. Pre-order online or on the Toast app. Visit their website to see their menu, learn more & sign up for their newsletter to ensure you don't miss the latest drops.