Hiring Swim School Deck Ambassadors / Customer Service Representative - Year Round Part-Time Position
Posted July 19, 2018
If you are looking for a job that is fun, exciting, fast-paced, involves sports, and teaching children new skills, then British Swim School is just what you’re looking for!
Since we started, British Swim School has rapidly grown to be the premier water survival and learn-to-swim school. Our mission is “To ensure that every person, regardless of age or ability, has the opportunity to become a safe and happy swimmer”.
We offer part-time positions with flexible work schedules and hours. While this is not a seasonal position, we encourage and welcome all students to apply. We understand your priorities and are more than willing to work around your school schedule.
The positions we are currently hiring for are:
Swim School Deck Ambassadors / Customer Service Representative
Location: Livingston, NJ | Fairfield, NJ
If you don’t like people or don’t like kids – then don’t read this posting! We are looking for Lovers of People and Children!
British Swim School New Jersey The Oranges is looking for customer service pros as Deck Ambassadors for locations in Livingston and Fairfield, NJ.
- Do you just love interacting with people, especially young children and their parents?
- Are you a true people person, perhaps even a social butterfly?
- Can you strike up a conversation with just about anyone?
- Do you really hate bad customer service and think you can do a better job than 99% of customer service reps you come across?
- Do you have an outgoing personality?
- Do you care about the safety of children and would love to help saving lives?
- Are you organized, good at explaining things to others and overall just a nice and friendly person who can keep calm, even in a stressful situation?
Yes? – Then we absolutely want to talk to you about a position as a
The British Swim School USA offers premium water-survival and learn-to-swim lessons located in indoor pools at residential buildings, gyms, community centers and hotels. We teach everyone from 3-month-old babies to adults.
We are currently looking to hire part time “Deck Ambassadors” for our new pool locations in Livingston and Fairfield.
A Deck Ambassador is a true ‘people person’ who acts as our brand ambassador poolside and interacts with parents while their kids are in the water taking our swim lessons.
A Deck Ambassador’s key responsibilities, after a thorough training, are to:
- Ensure that we provide our superb customer service in every interaction with students and parents – by understanding their concerns and delivering “Wow-Moments”
- Explain the different types of classes and levels that we offer to the parents who have enrolled their kids
- Explain the British Swim School’s unique teaching method to newly enrolled parents
- Be approachable and make eye contact with our customers always
- Give facility tours to newly enrolled parents
- Get to know our regular customers quickly and greet the parents and children by name and with our signature smile
- Handle enrollment, scheduling and rescheduling requests and enter them into our computer system
- Check-in new arrivals and mark no-shows in the system
- Ensure that all classes begin and end on time
- Conduct small “Happy Birthday” celebrations poolside for each child who has a birthday during that week
- Conduct poolside ‘move-up’ celebrations once a child gets promoted to a higher class
- Engage parents in conversation while their children are taking their lesson in the pool / assist them with their needs and concerns
- Explain a specific “topic of the week” to the parents while their kids are taking the swim lesson
- Be a leader – organize and conduct team meetings (huddles) with our swim instructors before lessons start
- Be on time and hold other staff members accountable for timeliness and proper attire
- Firmly but politely make sure that all the safety rules are followed on deck
- Keep the registration table neat, clean and organized
- Make sure everyone leaves the facility happy
Our Deck Ambassadors are the ‘Chief Happiness Officer’ at the pool.
Thanks to their effort, they play a crucial role in the overall experience of our swimming program. As an Ambassador, you can make a real difference in the life of a crying child or an uncomfortable parent. You are given a timely opportunity to build a meaningful relationship between our customers and the company.
Going the extra mile to help your team of swim instructors or to help a parent poolside can make it a lasting, memorable experience for you.
VERY IMPORTANT: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, AND MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON WEEKENDS. OUR SHIFT HOURS ARE NORMALLY 8AM-1PM ON WEEKENDS AND 2PM-8PM ON WEEKDAYS. THIS MAY VARY BY LOCATION.
A TYPICAL WEEK CONSISTS OF 2 or 3 AFTERNOONS DURING THE WEEK AND ONE WEEKEND MORNING SHIFT, for a total of 18 -24 hours per week. There are also opportunities to work more hours.
Once you are assigned to your shifts, they will remain the same week after week.
We are looking for exceptional people – and for this we pay well above average compensation.
If this sounds like a position that you would enjoy and thrive at, then please send us your resume to email@example.com
British Swim School is the premier provider of water-survival and learn-to-swim lessons, now offering classes for customers throughout Essex County in our Livingston and Fairfield, NJ locations. We teach everyone - from 3-months old children to adults. With a history of over 37 years, British Swim School currently teaches over 16,000 students per week nationwide, using our signature and award-winning methodology. Developed and refined by a former national swimmer for England, our goal-oriented program focuses on individualized learning in small groups of 4:1.
Our highly-trained professional instructors give individual attention to each child, to make sure they progress as fast as possible. Lessons are always fun. https://britishswimschool.com/NewJerseyTheOranges/