Hiring - Weekend Direct Support
Posted February 28, 2019
Discover your purpose with Capitol Care! We are New Jersey's premier human services agency where your work will change the world one life at a time. You want a career that is fulfilling and challenging; we want the best staff to provide the best services.
We are seeking a dedicated, compassionate person to work as a direct support professional (DSP) for adults with developmental disabilities in our residential programs. Acquire on the job experience as we help you develop the skills and characteristics to be a great caregiver. You and your team will help our individuals develop and achieve goals, foster community relationships, and live lives of purpose and fulfillment!
Your typical responsibilities may include:
- Ensure individuals are safe, healthy, and living in a clean environment.
- Implementing and assisting individuals with treatment plan and goals.
- Assist in daily activities which may include bathing, cooking, feeding, toileting, and medication administration.
- Assist with scheduled medical/psychiatric appointments.
- Facilitating recreational activities at home and in the community.
- Provide transportation to and from work/day program, scheduled appointments, and recreational activities.
- Conducting, reporting and documenting verbal/physical behavioral interventions.
- Adhere to confidentiality, and all agency policies and practices.
This is a Full Time, non-exempt position
Hours:Monday -Thursday Off;Friday 4 pm-12 am; Saturday & Sunday 4 pm - 8 am (Double Shifts/40 hrs per week).
Starting rate:$12 per hour
Benefits:Health including HSA, Dental, and Sick and Vacation time; Verizon phone discounts, Vision savings plan, and employee referral incentives.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- 18 years or older.
- Pass a criminal and motor vehicle background check.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Pass pre-employment physical exams and TB test prior to working.
- Successful completion of mandatory Orientation; including American Red Cross First Aid/CPR, Medications, Preventing Abuse and Neglect, Crisis Management and more.
Additional onsite training is conducted and offsite is supported, and encouraged.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable you to perform essential functions if necessary.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of age, race, color, disability, genetic information, religion, sex (including pregnancy), or national origin. Religious discrimination includes failing to reasonably accommodate an employee’s religious practices where the accommodation does not impose undue hardship