Kindergarten Teacher needed in Westfield
Posted September 7, 2022
We have an immediate opening for a Kindergarten Teacher at our Early Learning Center in Westfield. The Westfield Area Y offers a rewarding, professional work environment in return for your exceptional care! The Kindergarten Teacher is responsible for the overall daily operation of assigned classroom including supervising the assistant teacher; must maintain the qualifications and status as listed in the State of New Jersey Department of Education Policies/Regulations; plans and presents effective lesson plans and teaching strategies for Kindergarten students in accordance with Westfield Public School curriculum; creates a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn; communicates regularly with parents, sharing their children’s latest adventures and achievements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education and NJ teaching certification required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a child care setting preferred.
- Willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certifications prior to working with children (training available on-site)
- Strong organizational, administrative, and teaching skills including program development
- Ability to interact with children, parents, staff and visitors with diplomacy, respect and professionalism.
Interested candidates can apply directly on our website under job opportunities.