TAPinto Now Hiring - Director of Content
Posted July 30, 2021
TAPinto is a network of franchised online local news sites that delivers original, objective, award-winning, community-based news, sports, events and more. Our sites are individually owned and operated in each town/territory by people who have a passion for community news.
TAPinto is seeking a Director of Content to foster the highest levels of collaboration and adherence to editorial standards amongst our network of franchised online local news sites.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, experienced journalist/editor interested in local news. Here are some of the responsibilities for this position:
- Serve as the main liaison to collaborate with a growing network of local/owner publishers
- Work with corporate staff to develop the key performance indicators for content creation and engagement
- Enhance and enforce existing editorial standards throughout the network
- Help elevate TAPinto’s brand for quality local journalism in the media industry
- Work to develop and implement editorial plans
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this position:
- 5-10+ years of experience in journalism and editing
- Management experience preferred
- Experience managing Google Analytics
- Can pivot on a daily basis from strategic to tactical and is comfortable dealing with the pleasure and pain of a revolutionary and innovative digital media company
- Knowledge and passion for local news
- Industry contacts a plus
We’re looking for a Director of Content who:
- Is comfortable advocating for and leading new initiatives
- Is an expert in dealing with a wonderfully rich diversity of people
- Is data-driven; you like understanding the numbers and are eager to measure your success in both quantitative and qualitative ways
- Is a strong communicator
This position is remote. However, you will be expected to attend periodic meetings with corporate staff and TAPinto franchises.
The selected candidate will be expected to work a 40-hour work week, during normal business hours Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend availability needed.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here.