Township of Franklin, NJ: Assistant Program Coordinator (Seasonal)
Posted May 3, 2019
Assistant Program Coordinator (Seasonal)
- Job Type: Temporary
- Salary / Pay Rate: $15.00- $17.00/hr.
- Post Date: 05/03/2019 10:16 AM
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position will assist the Director of Parks & Recreation, Superintendent of Recreation and Program Coordinators with the coordination and delivery of a comprehensive recreation, enrichment, and prevention program to meet the needs of the community. Responsibilities will include but shall not be limited to general office support, assisting with program coordination, hands on program delivery, and assisting with facility management.
Works under the direct supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation and general supervision of the Director of Parks & Recreation and Program Coordinators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the planning, marketing, supervision, and implementation of assigned programs in accordance with the goals and policies of Franklin Township.
• Provide customer service and support at the Community/Senior Center and onsite at assigned programs.
• Provide onsite delivery of assigned program services involving general supervision of or instruction to program participants.
• Provide supervision to seasonal and part-time program staff as assigned.
• Assist with facility management, inspections, set-up/break-down and maintenance requests.
• Responsible for maintaining supplies, equipment, and materials.
• Responsible for the health and safety of all participants in program at all times.
• Effectively communicate with all department staff, program participants and parents.
• Understand and implement all emergency plans and procedures for programs and facilities.
• Conduct self in a professional manner and wear appropriate staff department shirt at programs.
• Politely enforce the program and facility rules. Contact a supervisor IMMEDIATELY if a problem arises with a community member or class participant.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Hours may vary based on assignments and program needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone.
• Must possess a high level of professionalism.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to work with little supervision.
• Proven time management and prioritization skills.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Ability to produce high quality work.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Two (2) year college or university degree in Business, Marketing, Recreation, Education or Communications.
• Prior program coordination, coaching, teaching or project management experience preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for a degree.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, color and peripheral vision with the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee is often exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, and moderately loud when in the field.
Applications available on the Township website: www.franklintwpnj.org
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL PREFERENCE, AGE OR HANDICAP.
THE TOWNSHIP OF FRANKLIN IS A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE.
Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of NJ State, County and Local government must reside in the State of New Jersey unless exempted under law.