December 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM
During the holiday season we tend to be so busy with friends, family and parties. But even with your plate full, safety shouldn’t be put on the back burner.
- Some of you may decorate your home for the holidays so if using lights make sure not to overload those outlets. One too many things plugged in can cause an electrical fire.
- Be mindful of cords. Tape them to the floor or against the walls so that nobody trips and hurts themselves.
- Keep little fingers away from those outlets and keep an eye out for those curious ones that want to know if the red and green lights taste like cherry or apple.
- Check that your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working.
- Candles should be on a fire retardant surface away from kids and pets.
- Keep your Christmas tree well-watered. It is best to have a tree that is no more than 2 weeks old.
Now that you have completed this check list, enjoy your holiday with loved ones. And remember a picture is worth a thousand words so take lots of them so you can look back on the holiday moments later.
Ines Cohron is owner of Total Home Cleaning in Summit, New Jersey.
The Guest Column is our readers' opportunity to write about a given issue or topic in an in-depth and educational manner.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.