Just think; in less than a week, we’ll be switching calendars, writing the wrong year on checks, and wondering just where the previous year went so fast. Well, before we start angsting over 2019, let’s close out 2018 with news from South Plainfield Library:
The Library will be closed on Monday, December 31st, and Tuesday, January 1st, in observance of New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, respectively.
Turning to our children’s programming:
- “Toddler Time”, for children age 2 & 3, will be held on Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 10:30.
- “Storytime”, for children age 3 & over, will be held on Wednesday evening at 6:30.
- Our “Puzzle & Game Playtime” will be held next Thursday morning at 11:30, right after “Toddler Time”. It’s also for children age 3 & over.
- Our next Italian language “Storytime”, led by Ms. Maria, will be held next Thursday afternoon at 3:30. It’s for kids of all ages.
- Concurrently, the “LEGO Builders Club” will meet next Thursday afternoon at 3:30. It’s for kids age 3 & over.
- Our “Babytime” programs will be held next Friday morning at 10:15 and 11:15, respectively. They’re for children age 2 & under.
- We’ll have a craft program for young people that Friday afternoon at 3:00. It’s for kids age 10 & over, and they’ll be making snowflake crafts. Participants should bring their own scissors; we’ll provide the other materials.
- And the “Saturday Babytime” program, again for children age 2 & under, will be held next Saturday morning at 10:30 (please note the new time).
As far as adult programming goes, the Library closing means the movie presentations and regular Monday & Tuesday programs are cancelled. However, we still have a couple of things still happening:
- The “Mystery Book Club” will meet on Wednesday afternoon at 4:00. They’ll be discussing Death in Disguise by Caroline Graham, one of her original “Midsomer Murders” novels. You still have time to see about getting a copy at the Reference Desk. (The book, that is. The TV adaptation may be found in our extensive “Midsomer” DVD collection.)
- And the Thursday English Conversation Group will meet next Thursday afternoon at 1:00. Be advised that the Thursday evening group has been cancelled until further notice.
Looking ahead, we’ll be starting up the Library’s “Italian Film Festival” on Thursday, January 17th. It’ll run monthly for most of 2019. We’ll have more details soon.
And a quick word from the Notary Public: please be advised that the Library’s fee for Notary services is now $2.50 per document (which is still a pretty good bargain).
That’s about all for now. If you have any questions, please stop by the Circulation Desk and ask, or give us a call at (908) 754-7885. For more details, there’s our website at www.southplainfield.lib.nj.us or you can check our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/southplainfieldlibrary. Thanks very much, and please have a happy and, more importantly, safe New Year’s holiday.