The FINAL IN PERSON registration for the 2019 spring baseball season will take place this weekend, Saturday AND Sunday, January 26-27, 1:00-4:00 pm at the Baird.
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
1) Like us on Facebook at fb.me/sombaseball AND
2) Tell any friends or neighbors that might be new to the community or have children who have just reached baseball-eligible age.
NEW PLAYERS must register in person. Any child who did not play in the Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth program in 2018 must register at one of the registration sessions and bring a copy of their birth certificate or passport as proof of age.
Members of the South Orange Maplewood Baseball Committee will be on hand at all registration sessions to answer any questions.
RETURNING PLAYERS have the option of online or in-person registration. Online registration will be available from January 1-31 for all players who participated in South Orange Maplewood Baseball in Spring 2018. To register online, CLICK HERE, select ‘Baseball - Spring League Play’ and find the appropriate league for your child based on his/her age as of April 30, 2019.
WINTER BASEBALL CLINICS UPDATE!
• THERE IS STILL ROOM IN 'PITCHING FOR YOUNG PLAYERS' for players age 9 (as of April 30). The program for 8 year olds is full. CLICK HERE for details and registration.
VOLUNTEERING MADE EASY
If you plan to volunteer as a coach, assistant coach or team manager for your player’s team this spring, we have a new online process for registering our volunteers. This can be done beginning January 1, along with baseball registration. Follow these easy steps:
• Click HERE to go to the South Orange Dept. of Recreation & Cultural Affairs registration site
• Log-in to your account or, if you don’t have one, create a new account
• Click ‘Volunteers’
• Click on ‘SOM Baseball Volunteer’ and enroll
It’s that easy! If you are registering your player online, you can do this at the same time.