Whole Body Cryotherapy: the brief application of extremely cold temperature to the skin
- boosts metabolism and weight loss
- burns 500 to 800 calories from a single session
- decreases inflammation in tissue, muscles and joints
- reduces recovery time from injury or fatigue
- improves blood circulation and oxygenation
- promotes cellular and tissue repair
- reduces pain and swelling
- releases of norepinephrine and endorphins
- detoxifies the skin, liver and lymph systems
- improves the immune system
- relieves depression and insomnia
How it works:
- In the cryochamber, the client is exposed to air vapor chilled by liquid nitrogen.
- The body goes into survival or “fight or flight” mode.
- Blood rushes to the core causing vasoconstriction in the skin, muscles, tissue and extremities.
- Metabolism increases to produce more energy.
- Adrenaline and endorphins are released which reduce pain, elevate mood, stimulate the immune system and boost energy.
- 500-800 calories are burned during and after the session as the body reheats.
- Vasodilation occurs circulating fresh oxygenated, nutrient rich blood throughout the body reducing inflammation and accelerating healing.