Communities across the United States are losing local news coverage as outlets shut down, cut newsrooms or consolidate. TAPinto has created an innovative news platform and model fills the void in local journalism. TAPinto.net is a network of more than 80 franchised online local and subject matter newspapers in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Florida, with more than 9,000,000 readers during the past year.
How TAPinto is changing the model of local journalism:
- Each TAPinto site is independently owned and operated.
- TAPinto provides technology, infrastructure and training, so franchisee/publishers can focus on reporting.
- The TAPinto network provides franchisee/publishers the opportunity to collaborate on stories and sell advertising at scale into multiple sites.
- TAPinto adheres to the Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics and has received the highest rating for credibility from NewsGuard.
- TAPinto gives franchisee/publishers the flexibility to build their own business while providing a vital service to their communities.