HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ - The Hasbrouck Heights Public Library is working towards reopening, but they're not quite there yet. The building may be temporarily closed but curbside service continues to be offered to patrons during the weekday, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 11 AM to 3 PM. Plans are in the works to extend hours in the near future. Patrons may call or email their requests.
"We are taking into great consideration the safety and health of the public and of the staff," said Library Director Mimi Hui.
Even though the building is closed, virtual summer programming kicks of this week. “Imagine Your Story” is this year’s theme and there are a variety of programs for the whole family to participate in. Visit the library’s website for details at https://www.hasbrouckheightslibrary.org/ and click on “Calendar”.
● Mondays, we will offer a Curbside Craft for Kids, which is a complete craft-in-a-bag available for pickup during the library’s curbside hours. Registration required.
● Tuesdays are Lego Challenge Days! We’ll post a Lego Challenge on Facebook. Can you meet it? Share a picture of your build on our Facebook page and see how other builders measure up.
● Storytime Online will happen every Wednesday at 11am via Facebook Live, so join Ms. Maureen for stories, songs and fun!
● Feeling lucky? Play Book Bingo Online with us on Thursdays, July 9th and 23rd and August 6th and 20th at 11am via Zoom. Registration required and Zoom link will be provided via email.
● Crafty tweens and teens (6th-12th graders) can join in our Thursday crafts on July 16 and 30th at 11am via YouTube. Dragon eggs and fairy jars are on the menu! All supplies will be available for pickup on the Wednesday prior during our curbside hours. Registration required.
● Calling all teens! Do you have what it takes to be King (or Queen) of Kahoot? Take on other teens in Kahoot Trivia Challenge via Zoom on Mondays, July 13th and 27th at 4 pm. Registration required and Zoom link will be provided via email.
Tweens and Teens are also encouraged to check out our Virtual Animation Workshop during the week of July 13-19. Use free open-source animation software and learn to create several different animations. This will be a pre-recorded program designed for 5th grade and up and you may play and pause as you want in order to animate at your own pace. Links for the Workshop will be posted on our website.
The Hasbrouck Heights Library is also sponsoring a virtual summer reading program for children, teens, and adults. For every book read between now and August 21, participants will be given an opportunity to win prizes. Call for details and speak with a staff member between 10 am-3 pm at (201) 288-0488 or the Youth Services Department at (201) 288-0485.
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge and Teterboro’s free daily news source, and is the official newspaper of the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education and Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council.