HUDSON COUNTY – Outside of the classroom and online learning made necessary by the onslaught of the COVID19 public health emergency didn’t stop area students from from using their artistic ability to express their love for Hudson County.
On Thursday, Hudson County Prosectuor Esther Suarez thanks the dozens of participants in and 17 winners of the “How Much We Love Hudson County” drawing and creativity office sponsored by her office. Entries included artwork, videos and poetry.
“It was uplifting to see the creativity and messages of hope reflected in the artwork, videos and poems,” said Prosecutor Suarez. “During these difficult times, we thought this would be a positive way for young people to engage in a creative outlet while sharing what they love about their home towns. We thank everyone who participated, including the teachers who used this as a way to showcase their students’ creative talents.”
- Guttenberg – Beau Michael Copeland, Anna Klein School, 2nd grade
- Kearny – Isabella Mangal, Garfield School, 3rd grade
- West New York – Kaylee Majana, Robert Menendez School, 3rd grade
- Secaucus – Arav Bajoria, Huber Street School, 4th grade
- North Bergen – Melani, Ian and Luna Sanchez, Lincoln and Roosevelt Schools, Kindergarten and 2nd grade
- Union City – Layla Martinez and Olivia Navarro, PreK and Roosevelt School
- Weehawken – Mario Buzzelli, Roosevelt School, 6th grade
- Weehawken – Clare Facchini, St. Francis School, 5th grade
- Jersey City – Explore Middle School, Layza Velez, 7th grade
- Jersey City – Learning Community Charter School, Vihaan Badani, 2nd grade
- Jersey City – Primary Prep Middle Schoolers
- Jersey City – Global Community Charter School, Angelica Suri, 4th grade
- Jersey City – Sydney Wright, County Prep High School, Grade 10
- County Prep High School, Grade 9, Daana Kamal
- County Prep High School, Grade 10, Tiara Jenkins-Amaker
- County Prep High School, Grade 11, Nyellie Muniz
- County Prep High School, Grade 12, Disha Patel
Each winner is being presented a $25 Target gift card and all participants are being presented with a certificate.
Sign up for TAPinto E-News alerts to be the first to read about all things local!
Know a story we should share with readers? Email editor Steve Lenox and tell him about it.