UNION COUNTY, NJ -- In New Jersey General Assembly and Union County voting on Tuesday, Nov. 5, the unofficial results from County Clerk Joanne Rajoppi show that in Assembly District 22, incumbent Democrats Jim Kennedy and Linda Carter easily were returned to Trenton.
As was largely expected, Union County Freeholders Bette Jane Kowalski, Sergio Granados, and Rebecca L. Williams, all Democrats, were victorious against their two Republican candidates, Peter Kane and Gell Gelband.
Union County Surrogate James S. La Corte (D) coasted to victory over Peter B. Lijoi (R).
The unofficial vote totals follow:
Assembly District 22
- James Kennedy (D-Rahway): 13,920 votes (40.55%)
- Linda S. Carter (D-Plainfield): 14,442 votes (42.07%)
- Patricia Quattrocchi (R-Clark): 5,836 votes (17.00%)
Union County Freeholders
- Bette Jane Kowalski (D-Cranford): 44,708 votes (23.83%)
- Sergio Granados (D-Elizabeth): 43,484 votes (23.18%)
- Rebecca L. Williams (D-Plainfield): 45,675 votes (24.34%)
- Peter G. Kane (R): 26,834 (14.30%)
- Glenn E. Gelband (R): 26,538 votes (14.14%)
Union County Surrogate
- James S. La Corte (D): 45,544 votes (64.54%)
- Peter B. Lijoi (R): 24,973 votes (35.39%)
Sign up for TAPinto Linden E-News alerts to be the first to read about all things Linden!