RED BANK, NJ: The 2020 Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 and the General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Polls open on both dates at 6 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
For those who wish to vote in person, there will be one (1) polling place open for this purpose in the Borough. It will be located at Borough Hall, 90 Monmouth Street.
All in-person voting will be done on a provisional (paper) ballot.
There will be one machine on site but it will for use by disabled voters ONLY.
These voters will be asked to sign an acknowledgement that they are unable to vote on a paper ballot due to a disability.
Vote by Mail Ballots were mailed to every registered Democrat and Republican in mid June. Vote by Mail Applications (to request a ballot) were mailed to all registered voters that were not registered as a Democrat or Republican.
The ballots must be filled out and mailed back to the County Clerk. They must be postmarked no later than Election Day, July 7, 2020.
There are limited drop box locations located throughout the County for anyone who would rather drop off the ballot instead of mailing it.
The closest ones to Red Bank are located at 1) the back entrance of Eatontown Borough Hall, 47 Broad Street, Eatontown or 2) Hazlet NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Agency, 1374 Highway 36, Airport Plaza, Hazlet.
- Monday, July 6, 2020 (3:00 pm) Deadline for In-Person Mail-In Ballot Applications for Primary Election.
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020 Primary Election Day
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020 (8:00 pm) Deadline for In-Person submission of Primary Election Mail-In Ballots to County Board of Election.
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020 (4:00 pm) Nomination Petition Filing Deadline for Independent Candidates for General Election.
- Monday, July 27, 2020 Nomination Petition Filing Deadline for School Election Candidates for General Election.
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020 Last Day to Register to Vote in the General Election
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020 Last Day to Apply for Mail-In Ballot by Mail for General Election.
- Monday, November 2, 2020 (3:00 pm) Deadline for In-Person Mail-In Ballot Applications for General Election.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 General Election
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 (8:00 pm) Deadline for In Person Submission of General Election Mail-In Ballots to County Board of Election.
If you enjoyed this article please “Like” and “Follow” us on the TAPinto Red Bank Facebook page, and sign up for our daily e-news so you’ll never miss what’s happening in Red Bank!
And please share this article with your friends and family!