MADISON, NJ - The Madison Area YMCA is hosting a Drop-off Food Drive, this Friday, April 24, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. to help support the Interfaith Food Pantry in Morristown.
"Food banks need our help! This is a great way to help others in need while keeping non-essential travel, particularly outside our home communities to a minimum", said the YMCA.
Residents can drop off non-perishable items at the Family Center just outside the front doors at 111 Kings Road between 10am - 2pm on Friday April 10. Items needed are: (Please note: Items underlined are most needed)
FRUITS & VEGETABLES – Look for fruit canned in its own juice or with “no sugar added”. Look for vegetables with “low sodium” or “no salt added”
- 100% Fruit Juice (32 oz. preferred normally)
- Spaghetti / Pasta Sauce, Tomato Products (sauce, crushed, whole, diced, paste, puree, etc.)
- Canned Vegetables (except green beans)
- FRESH PRODUCE from your garden (uncooked)
GRAINS – Donate whole grains as often as you can
- Cereal – low sugar, high fiber
DAIRY – Donate shelf-stable low-fat (1%) or non-fat dairy products
- Dry Milk (1-qt. package)
- Evaporated milk
- Calcium-fortified Milk alternatives such as soy, rice or almond milks
PROTEIN – Look for “no salt added”, “low-sodium” and canned in water
- Canned Beans – pork and beans, pinto, red or white kidney, black beans; NOT green beans
- Tuna Fish, Salmon and other canned fish
- Peanut Butter – 18 oz preferred
- Canned Meats and Meals – ravioli, spaghetti & meatballs, hash, stew, canned chicken, chili, etc.
- Rice-A-Roni, Pasta-Roni, etc.
- Hamburger Helper, Tuna Helper, etc.
SOUPS – Look for “low-sodium” and “Heart Healthy”
- Condensed Varieties
- Infant Formula (Enfamil preferred-yellow, purple, blue)
- Baby Food (Fruits, Vegetables, Meats & Meals) – Stage 1 (Meats & Meals, Vegetables, Fruits), Stage 2 (Meats & Meals, Vegetable, Fruits), Stage 3 (Meats & Meals, Vegetables, Fruits)
- Baby Cereal – Rice, Oatmeal
- Diapers – Size 5, Size 6
- Pull ups – Size 2T-3T, Size 3T-4T & Size 4T-5T
- Baby Wipes
- Boost or Ensure, regular
- Boost Glucose Control or Glucerna
- Adult Depends
- Tea (100 count boxes)
- Resealable (i.e. Ziploc) sandwich bags and quart sized plastic bags
The YMCA is asking that items be dropped off near the front entrance doors to the Family Center on Kings Road.
Celebrating Something Special? Showcase Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!