TRENTON, NJ - Flounder Brewery in Hillsborough is one of a dozen microbreweries in the state performing a public service by offering a free beer to any adult 21 and over who receives a COVID-19 vaccination during the month of May.
Gov. Phil Murphy announced New Jersey's "Shot and a Beer" program Monday to encourage eligible residents 21 and over to get vaccinated.
Any New Jerseyan who gets their first vaccine dose in the month of May and takes their vaccination card to a participating brewery will receive a free beer. The following are restaurants and brewing companies in addition to Flounder Brewing Company that are participating:
- Battle River Brewing in Toms River
- Bradley Beer Project in Bradley Beach
- Bolero Snort Bewing Company in Carlstadt
- Brix City Brewing Company in Little Ferry
- Carton Brewing Company in Atlantic Highlands
- Flying Fish Brewing Company in Somerdale
- Gaslight Brewery and Restaurant in South Orange
- Kane Brewing Company in Ocean Township
- Little Dog Brewing Company in Neptune
- Magnify Brewing Company in Fairfield, Essex County
- River Horse Brewing Company in Ewing
"There is one thing we can do above all else to ensure our COVID numbers keep going down, especially as we reopen further: Get vaccinated", Murphy said.
The governor has set a goal of 4.7 million New Jersey residents to be vaccinated by June 30; as of Monday, 3,268,958 residents were fully vaccinated, according to the state Department of Health.