WESTFIELD, NJ — If you’ve got children’s books to offload and are seeking some fresh reads for your kids, you may want to visit the Westfield Memorial Library next week.
The Friends of the Westfield Memorial Library announced its volunteers will be accepting book donations then selling them during an annual fundraiser in support of youth programming at the library. The sale starts Sunday, and prices range from 50 cents to $3 per book.
The Friends take used hardcovers, paperbacks, DVDs and CDs. They do not take damaged or moldy books, VHS tapes, encyclopedias or records.
The public can drop of donations at the library at the following dates and times:
- Sunday, Sept. 22, from 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 23, from 10 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 24, from 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The book sale runs at the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, Sept. 25, from 10 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept 26, from 10 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 27, from 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 28, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The book sale is not the only family friendly attraction at the library this week.
While parents and caregivers shop, children can enjoy a story hour at 11 a.m. Wednesday, and color-a-bookmark throughout the sale. Teachers receive 50% off book sale prices Wednesday and Thursday.
All shoppers can benefit from half prices Friday. The Friends will sell books by the bag on Saturday at a cost of $8 for one bag and $3 for each additional bag.
For more information, email email@example.com.