BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Coming to you from the big multipurpose room on the lower level of the municipal complex, this week’s update has Mayor Devanney helping the tile guys lay flooring.
Floor crews were laying tile this past week, and will continue the upcoming week. The large room in the Lower Level, which will be able to be split into two with a divider, will be able to host a recreational activities and other events for the community. Construction crews also installed cabinetry in the Recreation Department, including the craft room, installed kitchenettes, millwork continues in the Council chambers, the police department lockers were installed in the locker room, the South parking lot was paved and decorative lot lighting was installed. Early next week, PSE&G will install the gas meter, which will power the heating system, and inspections for electrical, mechanical and plumbing are ongoing. PSE&G’s installation of the gas meter was slightly delayed due to the recent rainy weather. In addition, Schindler crews continue to work on assembling the elevator; we hope for an elevator inspection around mid-week next week.
For the week ending October 16, 2020 at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site, the following took place:
- EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 57 workers.
- Force Concrete rubbed down the stairwell masonry to prepare for painting.
- EUC performed storm drainage work and grading on the north side, and prepped for the gas meter pad.
- Industrial Cooling Corporation installed HVAC finishes, modified the 2nd floor rest room actuator, filled the boilers, and ran the pumps.
- Epic Interiors taped and spackled, hung miscellaneous drywall, placed ceiling tile, closed up hard ceilings, and hung interior and exterior doors.
- Mehl Electric installed electrical finishes, performed fire alarm and security work, and substantially completed the pre-action system panel work.
- Artisans Showcase of Tile placed the 2nd floor elevator lobby tile.
- Fine Painting continued painting on the 1st floor and in the basement, plus the exterior door frames.
- Epic Millwork continued Council Room paneling, placed countertops in the basement rest rooms, and installed casework.
- All American Surfaces installed transition strips and also vinyl floor tile in the server rooms and the 2nd floor corridor.
- AGP Plumbing dropped in and piped sinks.
- Schindler Elevator continued work on the elevator rails, car, and doors.
- Hi Tech Steel installed the Stair #4 railings and the Stair #5 guard rails.
- Material Distributors placed toilet partitions in the 1st floor rest rooms.
- Industrial Flooring Corporation applied the base coat of epoxy to the walls and floors in the detention area.
- Storage Systems began installation of the lockers in the Police Department locker rooms.
- Waterproofing Systems Northeast caulked the cornice strip.
- Allied Fire & Safety performed the sprinkler hydro test.
- Net Q continued data wire terminations and began installation of the IT and ladder racks.