GLEN ROCK, NJ - The Borough is once again participating in a community energy aggregation program - SEA program - to bring clean, renewable electricity to Glen Rock households, according to former councilwoman Arati Kreibich.
What this means for Glen Rockers:
● All residents will automatically be enrolled in the program, unless they opt out, and will receive electricity supply from Energy Harbor at almost double the amount of renewable energy (40% vs 23%) of PSE&G at a FIXED rate of $0.12696 per kWh
● An average household should pay the same amount or a little less over 17 months as they would with PSE&G
● The bill for this electricity supply still comes from PSE&G, and PSE&G still services our residents in the same efficient manner as before
● You may opt out of this program at ANY time, including before it starts by calling Energy Harbor at 1-866-636-3749 or emailing SEAfirstname.lastname@example.org
● You also have the opportunity to Opt UP to 100% clean renewable energy at a modest increased rate of $0.134 per kWh (also fixed rate). Typically, that is about $5/month more for an average GR household.
○ To Opt UP, you must do so by March 7th!
There is a public Zoom information session set for February 25 at 7:30 p.m.
In the meantime, if folks have specific questions, they can check out FAQs at www.glenrocknj.net/sea or they can email GREC at email@example.com or former Councilmember Arati Kreibich at firstname.lastname@example.org or Environmental Commissioner Ken Jones at email@example.com.