CEDAR KNOLLS, NJ – Boy Scouts of America, Patriots’ Path Council announced that it will host “Jersey Jam 2019,” a jam-packed weekend of activities, exhibits, demonstrations, competitions and special events that’s expected to attract 5,000 Scouts, Explorers, Venturers and Sea Scouts from New Jersey and neighboring states. Scheduled for October 4 – 6, 2019 at Waterloo Village – a national historic district located in Byram Township – Jersey Jam has already registered more than 80 Scouting units, and nearly 2,000 attendees.
Jamborees are large gatherings for Scouts that feature a broad range of fun, challenging and educational activities. Jersey Jam 2019 is no exception, and will include:
- Outdoor challenges, including an extreme obstacle course and zipline
- High adventure events, including a climbing wall, tomahawk & knife throwing, archery and BB gun shooting
- Hands-on pioneering and backwoods engineering projects
- Extensive Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) exhibits and activities
- Competitions, including: tug of war, human foosball, GaGa ball, and Ultimate Frisbee
- Displays and interaction with military, police, fire and EMS units
- Special events, including a live jump by the US Army’s Golden Knights Parachuting Team
- Secure overnight camping on a 70-acre location, with ample parking
- A Saturday evening arena show with live entertainment
According to Don Beach, who heads up the Jersey Jam Steering Committee, “The Council has been planning this Jamboree for several months already, and we intend to make this event something that Scouts and Scouters will long remember. In addition to the wide range of activities, Jersey Jam is an opportunity for attendees to interact with fellow Scouts from other units, Councils and neighboring states, which is an important part of the Scouting experience.”
Scouting units interested in attending Jersey Jam can reserve their campsite online now at www.jerseyjam.org for $100. Units are not required to provide a specific number or payment for Scouts who will be attending Jersey Jam until June. The cost for Scouts and Scouters is $50 per person. Scouters interested in volunteering to serve as Jersey Jam staff members can also apply online.