Fair Hill Thoroughbred Horse Show Will Be Held Sept. 21-22
FAIR HILL, Md. — The 2019 Fair Hill Thoroughbred Horse Show (www.fairhillthoroughbredshow.com) is partnering this year with the Real Rider Cup (www.therealridercup.com), to take place Sept. 20, 2019 at 5 p.m. as a kick off to the Fair Hill Thoroughbred Show (FHTS), Sept. 21 and 22 Beth Spatz will judge both the Real Riders Cup and the Fair Hill Show.
“We are delighted that Beth will join us for the Real Rider Cup,” said Lisa Demars, president of the FHTS. “She is a true professional and a dedicated horsewoman. Beth will be a great asset to the show.”
Spatz is an all-around horsewoman and a fourth generation professional, with strong roots in racing. A short foray into Thoroughbred racing resulted in a win at her first race at Aqueduct for trainer and CBS commentator Frank I. Wright. It was the ninth race, on March 21, 1977, and Spatz still remembers how cold it was that day.
She moved to hunters early in her career. As a teen, Spatz piloted Peter Wetherill’s “Keswick” to wins at the American Horse Show Association (now USEF) Pony Finals in 1968. Keswick was inducted into the National Show Hunter Hall of Fame in 2015.
She rode Gerry Goldman’s “Dresden” to Reserve Champion Pennsylvania Horse Show Association Horse of the Year (1970 and 1971), 3rd Place, American Horse Show Association Horse of the Year (1970) and was the first pony to be nominated into the National Show Hunter Hall of Fame in 2000. He was inducted into the Pennsylvania Show Hunter Hall of Fame in 2012. Spatz was also awarded “Best All-Around Exhibitor” at the 1970 Fairfield Horse Show (CT).
Among Spatz’s wins were:
• 2000 & 2001 - showed Jean Preston’s off the track Thoroughbred "Capital R" to the Pennsylvania Horse Shows Association (PHSA), Eastern PA Horse Shows Association, and US Equestrian Federation Horse of the Year Awards in the First and Second Year Green Working Hunter.
• 2003-2006 - trained Reculver Farm’s “Metrenome” to PHSA’s Champion, Adult Amateur Hunter, Eastern PA Horse Show Association’s Horse of the Year Award, USEF Zone 2 Ladies Sidesaddle Horse of the Year, and Maryland Horse Show Association’s Horse of the Year.
• 2010 - trained Shannondell Farm’s off-the-track Thoroughbred “Oistens Bay” to three wins in the Thoroughbred Incentive Program Hunter Derbies (Monmouth, Woodedge, and Middlesex Horse Shows), High Point Off-The-Track Thoroughbred at the Middlesex Horse Show and a win at the Associated Horse Show’s Hunter Derby
• 2011 - trained Shannondell Farm’s off-the-track Thoroughbred “Fiumes” to 5th Place in the USEF Zone 2 Children/Adult Jumper Horse of the Year and 4th place the following year.
• Spatz rounded out her career by obtaining her USEF “Big R” judges license in Hunters, Jumpers, and Equitation in 2002 and is a much sought after judge at shows up and down the East Coast.
To view the Fair Hill Thoroughbred Horse Show prize list, visit http://www.fairhillthoroughbredshow.com/prize-list.html. For more information about the Fair Hill Thoroughbred Show, visit www.fairhillthoroughbredshow.com.
See more Equestrian news at www.TAPintoHorses.net
See equestrian events at https://www.tapinto.net/sections/horses/events
Contact TAPinto Horses at email@example.com
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TAPintoHorses/
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.