The Township of Nutley is providing an update to the community on several important matters, including:
- Total COVID-19 cases in Nutley
- Stage 2 Re-opening begins today
- Personal care facilities reopening
- Organized sports guidance
- Other updates
COVID-19 Total Cases
The Township of Nutley announced a total of 501 cases and 35 deaths.
Stage 2 Re-opening
Stage 2 of New Jersey’s Restart and Recovery begins today and allows for
- Outdoor dining for restaurants
- Re-opening of non-essential in-person retail
- Curbside pickup for libraries
- Child care services
- Drop-off and pick-up services at New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission offices
Social distancing guidelines remain in place. Employees who can work from home must remain on work-from-home status.
Personal Care Facilities
On Saturday, Governor Phil Murphy signed an Executive Order allowing personal care service facilities to reopen to the public on Monday, June 22 at 6:00 a.m., provided the facilities comply with standards issued by the Division of Consumer Affairs and Department of Health.
Under the Governor’s Executive Order, personal care service facilities include:
- Cosmetology shops;
- Barber shops;
- Beauty salons;
- Hair braiding shops;
- Nail salons;
- Electrology facilities;
- Spas, including day spas and medical spas, at which solely elective and cosmetic medical procedures are performed;
- Massage parlors;
- Tanning salons; and
- Tattoo parlors.
- Limiting services to appointment-only;
- Performing health screening, including temperature checks, on clients and staff prior to entry to the facility;
- Requiring use of personal protective equipment, and requiring clients to wear face coverings at all times, regardless of the service they are receiving, unless face down on a massage table or where doing so would inhibit an individual's health;
- Ensuring that all staff-client pairs maintain at least six feet distance between other staff-client pairs, unless separated by physical barriers;
- Adopting enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices; and
- Staying informed about new developments and guidance related to COVID-19.
Organized Sports Guidance
The State of New Jersey issued guidance regarding the resumption of organized sports.
Ex: golf, tennis: May resume competition June 22
Ex: baseball, softball, soccer, outdoor basketball: May resume non-contact drills and practices only on June 22. The state anticipates allowing the resumption of competition for medium-risk sports on July 6.
Football: non-contact drills and practices only may resume on June 22. Full practices and competitions anticipated to start July 20.
All sports will need to abide by health and safety protocols.
Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders
To view the executive orders, visit:
Emotional Support Information
If you need emotional support or are feeling anxiety or worry due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can call the NJ Mental Health Cares number at 1-866-202-HELP (4357). It is staffed with a live mental health specialist 7 days a week, 8 am-8 pm.
Locally, the Nutley Family Service Bureau is accepting referrals and can be reached by calling 973-667-1884.
Health Department Message
Please make every attempt to check in on elderly and/or disabled neighbors. If you are aware of anyone that needs food and/or supplies, please contact the Department of Public Affairs at 973-284-4976.