It’s cruise season, or a great time to plan one.
Metro area travelers are fortunate to have major cruise lines that leave from New York and Bayonne with wide array of destinations. New York departures cover the globe with Trans-Atlantic cruises, the Northeastern coastline, Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean. After a quick hop into the city, you can step aboard a luxury liner and leave the world behind. Whether you’re going solo, as a couple, gathering a group of friends, or making a family trip, we have information to make your cruise planning easier.
One of the selling points of luxury cruises is that there is “something for everyone” including a variety of accommodations, dining, and recreation to suit all age groups. Whether you’re a sports buff or prefer to relax and soak up the sun, you can do it on the high seas. And if you’re traveling with children, there are activity programs and play areas to keep youngsters busy and happy. Here are our seven lucky traveler points to consider when shopping for a cruise.
- Discover meal options for the dietary preferences of everyone in your party.
- Find out about the leisure and recreation opportunities that would make your cruise a standout event.
- Take a good look at cabin sizes and how they suit your travel style.
- Talk to friends who have taken cruises to learn about their experience.
- When shopping for a cruise, look at multiple lines to compare and contrast their current deals.
- Be well aware of the time spent at various ports to be sure you are getting the trip you desire.
- Know all the fees and extra costs that may not be part of the featured price before you book.
The two largest cruise lines sailing from New York City are Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean Cruises. But these are not the only ones. Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Disney Cruise Line and Cunard also leave from Manhattan. All of these companies maintain a top-notch fleet of ships. To get the best value, check out last minute deals, free upgrades, meal deals, onboard spending money, free gratuities as well as family and group discounts. It’s as simple as perusing the web sites of the major lines.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruise Line
- Princess Cruises
- Disney Cruise Line
TapInto Travels recently attended the launch in New York City of Carnival’s newest luxury ship, Vista that started excursions in 2016. The amenities were remarkable with lush cabins, fine and casual dining options, a full-sized IMAX along with a spa and recreational opportunities that rival a 5-star resort. This ship is just one of the fantastic options for metro area travelers. So pack your bags, the cruise of your dreams awaits.