BARNEGAT - Ocean County Prosecutor Bradley D. Billhimer announced on December 5 the culmination of a joint investigation into narcotics distribution in the Barnegat area.
An investigation by the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Narcotics Strike Force and the Barnegat Township Police Department Crime Reduction Unit identified a residence in Barnegat as being used to store and distribute quantities of Cocaine.
A search warrant for a vehicle being utilized by Quamel Peteete, age 28, of Barnegat, was executed on December 2, 2019. Detectives seized approximately twenty-two grams of Cocaine, a quantity of Suboxone tablets, and a small quantity of Marijuana. Peteete was taken into custody without incident.
Peteete was charged with:
- Possession of Cocaine in an amount greater than one-half ounce with Intent to Distribute in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:35-5b(2);
- Possession of Cocaine in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C: 35-10a(1);
- Possession of Suboxone in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10a(1);
- Possession of Marijuana in violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10a(4).
Peteete is currently lodged in the Ocean County Jail pending a detention hearing.
Prosecutor Billhimer acknowledged the diligence of the following organizations working together.
- Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Narcotics Strike Force,
- Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Asset Forfeiture Unit,
- Barnegat Township Police Department Crime Reduction Unit
The public and the media are reminded that defendants are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.