FAR HILLS, NJ -- The VNA Rummage Sale will return this weekend to the Far Hills Fairgrounds.
A nearly century-old regional shopping tradition, the sale welcomes shoppers on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 4-6. The sale is located at the intersection of U.S. Route 202 and Peapack Road in Far Hills. Hours are 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, rain or shine.
The merchandise includes clothing for women, men and children; fashion accessories; furniture; home goods; decorative, novelty and collectible items; pet supplies; artwork; toys and games; sporting goods; fine and costume jewelry; antiques; kitchenware; appliances; electronics; lighting fixtures; books; cameras; vintage items; musical instruments; vinyl records; video games; fabric, sewing accessories and yarn; holiday decorations; costumes; gardening supplies; outdoor furnishings; and more.
More than 450 volunteers have carefully inspected, cleaned, and displayed the goods, all donated by community members.
Through their purchases, shoppers will help the VNA of Somerset Hills make a difference in the lives of patients, families and caregivers in need. Proceeds from the sale help provide home care, hospice care, adult day and caregiver assistance services, including important and innovative programs uncompensated by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance.
With a focus on sustainability and the value of repurposed goods, shoppers and merchandise donors can feel confident that by working with a carefully vetted group of charities following the sale, unsold items help those in need whether in the local community or around the world. The Rummage Sale is also committed to recycling, and to keep as much unwanted materials out of landfills as possible.
What to Know:
- Rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, please check for updates on the VNA website or the Rummage Sale Facebook page.
- Parking and admission are free. Handicap parking is available.
- Credit cards (Mastercard and Visa), cash, and checks accepted in all departments. Photo identification may be required for credit cards and checks.
- Short walking distance from the NJ Transit Far Hills Train Station.
- Food is available for purchase, cash only.
- Strollers, shopping carts and pets are welcome on the grounds but, for safety reasons, not allowed inside any of the tents or departments.
- Flu shots (individuals over 18) will be available at the VNA information tent Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost per flu shot is $25 and is free for those covered under Medicare Part B (card required for verification.) No Medicare Advantage plans, private insurance, or Medicaid will be accepted as payment. Shots are also free for Far Hills residents with ID
- For more information and to connect with the Rummage Sale:
On the web:http://www.visitingnurse.org/ events/rummage