The Bayonne Bridge will be closed overnight starting at 11:59 p.m. tonight, and reopening 8 a.m.tomorrow morning, Saturday, August 12. Once reopened, the bridge will remain open until 7 p.m.Monday, August 14.
Next week, the bridge will close Monday through Thursday, August 14 through 17, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following mornings for ongoing construction work. On certain overnights, the Bayonne Bridge will open by 4:30 a.m. to provide an alternate route for drivers affected by 4:30-5 a.m.holds on the Goethals Bridge.
The Port Authority also is planning the following closures and/or lane closings at the Holland Tunnel, George Washington Bridge and Goethals Bridge this weekend and/or next week for ongoing construction and repair projects.
- One westbound lane will close during overnight hours on Sunday, August 13, through Thursday August 17, from 11:59 p.m. each night through 5:30 a.m. the following morning. These closings are necessary for ongoing tunnel repairs.
- One eastbound lane will close during overnight hours on Sunday, August 13, through Thursday August 17, from 11 p.m. each night through 5 a.m. the following morning. These closings are necessary for ongoing tunnel repairs.
George Washington Bridge:
- The bridge’s upper level westbound lanes will have two lanes closed from 11:59 p.m. Friday, August 11, through 10 a.m. Saturday, August 12, and from 10 p.m. Saturday through 10 a.m.Sunday.
- The left lane on the Palisades Interstate Parkway southbound ramp at the bridge will be closed from 11:59 p.m. Saturday, August 11, through 8 a.m. Saturday, August 12.
These closings are necessary for the ongoing replacement of the PIP Helix, which connects the Palisades Interstate Parkway to the George Washington Bridge, and for repairs to the bridge’s upper level over the New Jersey anchorage. More information can be found athttp://www.panynj.gov/bridges-tunnels/restoring-the-george.html. These projects are part of the “Restoring the George” program of capital improvements at the world’s busiest bridge.
- The bridge will have traffic holds between 4:30 a.m. and 5 a.m. each morning starting Monday, August 14 and running through Wednesday, August 16 to accommodate the movement of steel girders.