BELMAR, NJ — Before Thanksgiving break, 103 Belmar Elementary School students learned they achieved honor roll status for the first-marking period — an increase of 11 students over the last marking period of the previous year.
The number of students achieving High Honor Roll status — earning a grade of 93 or higher in all subjects including related arts — rose overall by five students, making a dramatic gain on the eighth-grade level where 16 students achieve the status, compared to two in the fourth-marking period of the last school year.
Here are the 31 High Honor Roll achievers:
- Sixth grade: Scarlett Morton, Ryan Orlowski, Sharleen Polman, Adrian Garcia, Michelle Ruiz and Josephina Trotta.
- Seventh grade: Rebeca Caballero Marquez, Braeden Chek, Ella Herbert, Gavin Lisko, Ethan Miller, Julia Nicolay, Eleanor Solomon, Francesco Viterbo and Hannah Wilton.
- Eighth grade: Jacqueline Litowinsky, Isabel Lusardi, Raul Olmedo, Madeline Orlowski, Maria Quintero, Fiona Reilly, Maeve Reilly, Emma Rokoszak, Nicole Tonny, Eber Trejo, Lia Mendoza, Estephany Riano, Sophia Rokoszak, Alex Murillo, Logan Orlowski and Analisa Viterbo.
On the Honor Roll list, there were six more students earning a grade of 85 or higher in all subjects including related arts, compared to last school year’s fourth-marking period. In the sixth grade, the number of these top achievers grew from 23 to 30; and in eighth grade, from 22 to 23.
Below is the list of the 72 Honor Roll recipients:
- Sixth grade: Mickey Helbig, Cameron Kowalcyk, Ashley Lopez Torres, Santino Masco, Emma McGirr, Joan Ortiz, Amari Thomas, Bradley Whitehead, Isaias Hernandez-Garcia, John Connolly, Matthew Donovan, Luiza Gonzalez, Helen Greco, Matthew Hope, Jonathan Luengas-Lopez, Christina Misnik, Teresa Napolitano, Pamela Olmedo, AvaBelle Pilatos, Patrick Woodrow, Ismael Alejandrez Alvarado, Joseph Anan, Madison Daughton, Renee Herbert, Niky Li, Florence Maiolini, John Preston, Daniela Reyes, Bradford Ringer and Alexa Zuniga Rojas.
- Seventh grade: Gabriel Cilia, Christian Jose, Christopher Lynch, Ella Speidel, Maria Delrocio Palacious, Kayla Kirk, Tyler Lisko, Brody Moss, Dalil Suluki, Sophia Flores Carpio, Kelly Garcia Avila, Diana Gil, Cezar Gonzalez, Christopher Greenlow, Mary Greenlow, Nenah McLoughlin, Ever Mendoza, Amy Olmedo and Jasiya Robinson.
- Eighth grade: Nicholas Barbera, Dahlia Castro, Bryan Juarez- Rojas, Dylan Meyers, Frida Paz-Garnica, Robert White, Gavin Gebhardt, Diana Juarez, Miguel Juarez, Athena Komitas, Declan Mannion, Madelyn McManus, Khadeija Webb, Kevin Zuniga, Aksel Guerrero, Jessica Mesa, Angel Reyes, Brian Roberts, Isaiah Ruiz, William Anan, Hannah Doherty, Vincent Russo and Carly Torsiello.
TAPinto Belmar/Lake Como is Belmar and Lake Como’s only free daily newspaper. Accredited by the New Jersey Press Association, it is a locally owned news organization serving the community. Sign up for our free daily e-News, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.