BELMAR, NJ — Belmar Elementary School ended the school year on a positive academic note, with the number of honor roll students climbing to 92 for the fourth marking period — an increase of 16 students over the previous marking period.
The number of students achieving High Honor Roll status —earning a grade of 93 or higher in all subjects including related arts — rose on two grade levels. For sixth-graders, the number climbed from six to nine, and for seventh-graders, from 10 to 14.
Here are the 26 High Honor Roll achievers:
- Sixth grade: Estefany Sanchez-Barcenas, Julia Nicolay, Ethan Miller, Georgina Guevara Guadron, Nenah McLoughlin, Rebecca Caballero Marquez, Brody Moss, Dalil Suluki and Hannah Wilton;
- Seventh grade: Athena Komitas, Jacqueline Litowinsky, Raul Olmedo, Logan Orlowski, Madeline Orlowski, Fiona Reilly, Maeve Reilly, Emma Rokoszak, Sophia Rokoszak, Madelyn McManus, Alex Murillo, Estephany Riano, Nicole Tonny and Analisa Viterbo.
- Eighth grade (graduating class): Karen Li, Kayla Pyne and Maggie Jelley.
On the Honor Roll list, there were gains made in two grades as well. In the seventh grade, the number of these top achievers grew from 18 to 21; and in eighth grade, from 15 to 22.
Below is the list of the 66 Honor Roll recipients, earning a grade of 85 or higher in all subjects including related arts, for the third marking period:
- Sixth grade: Diana Gil, Brianna Alejendrez Alvarado, Christopher Clara, Kelly Garcia Avila, Ella Herbert, Isis Herrera, Gavin Lisko, Lauren Morse, Ella Speidel, Francesco Viterbo, Janiyah Chaney, Tyler Lisko, Christopher Lynch, Lilia Berkowitz, Braeden Chek, Gabriel Cilia, Genesis Creel, William Cruz, Maria Delricio Palacious, Brandon Gonzalez, Kayla Kirk, Jasiya Robinson and Eleanor Solomon.
- Seventh grade: Juan Garcia, Enrique Mendoza, Miguel Juarez, Lia Mendoza, Jessica Meza, Kyle Polito, William Anan, Isabel Lusardi, Vincent Russo, Eber Trejo, Gavin Gephardt, Diana Juarez, Shaun Keefe, Declan Mannion, Jordan Oglesby, Eric Provenzano, Maria Quintero, Brian Roberts, Isaiah Ruiz, Khadeija Webb and Kevin Zuniga.
- Eighth grade (graduating class): Nicholas Connelly, Jy’asia Chaney, Margaret Held, Ayden Hope, Jake Oleszkiewicz, Joseph Walsh, Sabrina Knight, Diana Aguilar, Brian Arias, Ashton McHale, Elisa McLaughlin, America Garay, Audrey Hardmeyer, Lindsey Hardmeyer, Taina Montoya, Patrick O’Chat, Jacqueline Ramirez, Gina Soluri, Christopher Torres, Abril Velazquez, Dominic Williams and Orlando Osorio.