Preparations under way for one of the summer's biggest shopping days in Belmar
BELMAR, NJ — Belmar’s downtown shopping district will be abuzz with a bonanza of bargains during its first-ever Sidewalk Sale on Saturday, August 25.
Sponsored by the Belmar Business Partnership (BBP), the daylong event will begin at 11 a.m. with a plenitude of shops, eateries and businesses offering special deals, discounts and free door prizes.
“Our retail businesses are getting ready for what is expected to be one of the summer’s biggest shopping days in Belmar,” said Pat Tecza, chair of the BBP’s retail programs committee and owner of Nostalgic Nonsense Vintage Clothing. “Belmar has so much to offer when it comes to places to shop, eat and explore that we are pleased to place the spotlight on them for what we hope will become an annual event.”
In addition to shopping or eating at their favorite establishments — as well as experiencing a host of new ones — attendees will have the chance to win door prizes, valued at more than $1,000. These include a Weber gas grill from Taylor Hardware and a five $100 gift cards to each winner’s Belmar business or restaurant of choice.
Door prize winners will be announced at 4 p.m. when a performance by the local band, Doubting Toms, with special guests will cap off the day’s activities in Pyanoe Plaza, located at Ninth Avenue and Main Street.
Here is the rundown of participating businesses as of press time. (The list will be updated through the day of the event.)
- All Around Handyman Services & Millworks, 818 16th Avenue
- Belmar Jewelers, 1006 Main Street
- Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More, Belmar Plaza, Unit 1H
- Creativity Lab, 809 Main Street
- Don's Pizza King, 811 Main Street
- Fancy Formals New and Consignment, 923 Main Street
- Go Play! Retro Arcade, 1102 Main Street
- JB Couture Cupcakes, 801 Main Street
- Lofidelic Records, 904 Main Street
- Lynette's Healing Touch Massage, 604 Main Street
- Main Street Donuts, 705 Main Street
- Nostalgic Nonsense Vintage Clothing, 903 Main Street
- Oceanside Gallery, 1010 Main Street
- Paperback Exchange, 703 Belmar Plaza
- Pro Skateboard Shop, 1108 Main Street
- Relish Hot Dog & Sausage Co., 1303 Main Street
- Selective Seconds, 911 Main Street (in rear)
- Serenity by the Sea gift shop, 1004 Main Street
- Singular Gems and Minerals, 1308 Main Street
- Sweet! candy and confection shop, 702 10th Avenue
- Sweet Tease Tea Room and Cafe, 604 Main Street
- Taylor Hardware, 914 Main Street
- The Endless SUP Co., 809 Main Street
- Video Shop, 1308 Main Street
For more information, contact the BBP at 732-894-9022 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For updates, including signing up to be part of the sale, visit the Belmar Sidewalk Sale event on Facebook. Rain date is September 8.
Belmar Business Partnership: Helping Belmar Businesses Grow and Prosper
Belmar Business Partnership is the nonprofit group spearheading economic development through private/public partnerships in this flourishing Monmouth County borough.
Created by Belmar to manage its Special Improvement District, BBP assist businesses start, promote and improve the various aspects of their operations through a variety of programs.
Members of its all-volunteer board of trustees bring a wealth of experience and wide representation to the board — from business owners and business property owners to civic leaders and residents.
Sal Marchese, owner of Salon Marsal on 10th Avenue serves as president and Gail O’Reilly, a Belmar property owner and seasoned real estate professional, as its treasurer. The remaining trustees are: Tom Burke, civic member, Christine Cardellino, publisher of the Belmar Beachcomber blog; Norman Einhorn, director of the Center for Visual Rehabilitation; Brian Hadden, property owner; and Pat Tecza, owner of Nostalgic Nonsense Vintage Clothing.
To learn more about bringing your business to Belmar, contact the BBP at email@example.com or 732 894-9022. Information also is available on its website and Facebook page at @BBPNJShore.