Deadline to be considered for the unexpired school board seat is Friday, February 14.
BELMAR, NJ — The Belmar school district is accepting written requests from borough residents interested in filling the unexpired two-year term of Lisa Miller, who last month resigned from the board of education.
Residents must meet the following criteria to serve on the 10-member board:
- Be able to read and write.
- Hold U.S. citizenship and one year's residency in the school district.
- Be registered to vote in the district.
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the school board.
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body.
- Not simultaneously hold two elective offices.
- Not be disqualified from membership for the conviction of certain crimes. (Within 30 days of election or appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the state Department of Education.)
Anyone who meets those qualifications and is interested in being considered must submit a letter of interest and resume by 4 p.m. on Friday, February 14 to Michael Bardsley, Belmar Board of Education, 1101 Main Street, Belmar, NJ 07719 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAPinto Belmar/Lake Como is Belmar and Lake Como’s only free daily newspaper. Accredited by the New Jersey Press Association, it is the official electronic newspaper of both municipalities. As a locally owned news organization, TAPinto is supported by its advertisers to publish online, objective news 24/7 at no charge. Sign up for its free daily e-News, and follow it on Facebook and Twitter.