BELMAR, NJ — “Celebrate the U.S.A.” is the theme of the Belmar Woman Club’s annual flower show and luncheon, to be held today, June 12 at Doolan’s Shore Club, Route 71, Spring Lake Heights.
Club and non-club members alike are invited to participate in the noontime show, which will include six categories of competition:
- Artistic arrangements of fresh flowers, such as roses, petunias, wildflowers, geraniums and marigolds, as well as evergreens with accent flowers.
- Fresh yellow and white flowers — the Belmar Woman’s Club colors — in a white container.
- Arrangements by theme, such as the beach, a holiday, Belmar, United States or your own.
- Artistic arrangements with dry or silk flowers; arranged in such containers as a basket, cup and saucer or an unusual container of your choice, as well as small arrangements over 6 inches tall
- House plants (just foliage or in bloom), an herb garden or terrarium.
- Wall arrangements, such as wreaths, swags or teardrops.
In addition to a best in show award, first-, second- and third-place ribbons will be presented to the top entries.
A Belmar Woman’s Club tradition for nearly 90 years, the fundraiser will benefit the club’s many charitable efforts. It will also feature a gift basket raffle.
Tickets are $40 per person. For reservations, call Maria Assuncao at 732-742-5305 or Barbara Sweeney at 732-280-3033.
TAPinto Belmar/Lake Como is Belmar and Lake Como’s only free daily newspaper. Accredited by the New Jersey Press Association, it is the official electronic newspaper of both municipalities. As a locally owned news organization, TAPinto through its advertisers is able to publish online, objective news 24/7 at no charge. Sign up for its free daily e-News, and follow it on Facebook and Twitter.