BELMAR, NJ — The splendor of nature’s beauty will be on display during the Belmar Woman’s Club “A Day at the Beach” Flower Show and Luncheon on Wednesday, June 7.
The club is currently seeking floral entries for the flower show, which will be held from noon to 3 p.m. at Doolan’s Shore Club, Route 71, Spring Lake Heights.
Categories of competition include:
- Artistic fresh flowers, such as roses, petunias, wildflowers, geraniums, among others, with evergreens and accents.
- Fresh yellow and white flowers — the Belmar Woman’s Club colors — in a white container (open to club members only).
- Arrangements by theme, such as the beach, a holiday, Belmar, United States, for example.
- Artistic arrangements with dry or silk flowers; arranged in such containers as a basket, cup and saucer, or an unusual container of your choice, or any small arrangement about 6 inches in size.
- House plants — just foliage or in bloom.
- Wall arrangements, such as wreaths, swags or teardrops.
Judges for the show, which traditionally has attracted up to 30 entries, will be from Gig Morris Florist and the Belmar Flower Alley, both of Belmar.
With proceeds to benefit the club’s scholarship program and its many other charitable efforts, the event will feature a gift basket auction and 50/50 raffle.
Luncheon menu choices includes: rosemary roasted pork loin, filet of Atlantic salmon or roasted French stuffed breast of chicken. All entrees will be served with a Caesar salad and potato.
Flower show participants can bring their entries with them upon arrival to the luncheon.
Cost is $40 per person. For reservations and to make your menu choice, call Barbara Sweeney at 732-280-3033.
TAPinto Belmar/Lake Como is Belmar and Lake Como’s only free daily newspaper. Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TAPintoBelmarLakeComo and on Twitter at @TAPintoBelmar.